CRS, ABR, GRI, e-PRO
I sold real estate in the Knoxville, Tennessee, area for several years before moving to Portsmouth to partner with my wife, Ann Cummings, a long-time Portsmouth area resident REALTOR.
In Knoxville, I was very active in my local, state, and the national association of REALTORS as I am here in Portsmouth.
I am a past president of the Knoxville Area Association of REALTORS and a past REALTOR of the Year for Knoxville. I also served 3 years on the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS.
Since moving to Portsmouth in 2010, my wife and partner Ann Cummings and I have formed a very successful partnership to serve both buyers and sellers in the New Hampshire Seacoast and southern Maine areas.
We're happy to talk with you about your real estate needs and help you fulfill them.
In 2017 I was chosen REALTOR of the Year by the Seacoast Board of Realtors, and later that year was also chosen as the 2017 New Hampshire State REALTOR of the Year. Ann was also State REALTOR of the Year in 2004 and President of the New Hampshire Association of REALTORS.
In 2021 I am serving as the President of the New Hampshire Association of REALTORS. In 2020 I attained REALTOR Emeritus status, a perk given to REALTOR members who have at least 40 years of membership and have served at the national level on a committee or leadership position.
Because I have been licensed to sell real estate since 1980, you will receive the benefits of those many years of experience. Representing a buyer or seller properly is a tough job even when things are going smoothly but when a transaction hits a stumbling block most buyers or sellers find it best to have the benefit of experience on their side.
In addition to years of experience I also believe continuing education is critical to staying on top of the changing laws, customs, and ways to market and sell real estate as well as the ever changing way to finance.
Toward that end I have earned the following National Association of REALTORS’ designations and certifications:
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Advanced training in working with buyers & seller, marketing, real estate law, investments, and other subjects combined with performance requirements and several written tests. Only about 5% of all Realtors nationwide have earned this designation.
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Specialized training in representing buyers in the buying process from beginning to end. To earn this designation a Realtor must meet performance requirements, represented buyers exclusively in several transactions, and passed written tests.
- Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI), Members involved in residential real estate who want a solid base of information for their practice will want to participate in the REALTOR® Institute program and earn the GRI designation.
- Internet Certified Professional (e-PRO), e-PRO® is a revolutionary training program presented entirely online to certify real estate agents and brokers as Internet Professionals. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) is the first major trade group to offer certification for online professionalism. I have also been certified by the NAR as an e-PRO Trainer.
- Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) Commitment to Excellence is an endorsement by the National Association of REALTORS earned by coursework in technology, law, client advocacy, ethics, integrity, and other professional areas.
- At Home With Diversity (AHWD) This certification provides guidance and expertise in working with clients from different cultures, races, and orientations in addition Fair Housing Laws as they apply to diversity.